Monday, 9 July 2012

Garage, what garage

So to build a boat I need to build a garage.  I've managed fifty years without a major construction project... but now it's time to start digging.

Right now The Garage Project is still in planning..  We've done some surfing to check out what's involved, and at the weekend we looked up the paperwork on the house and found a useful piece on planning restrictions that apply in the local area.

Today we spoke to the council about applying for planning permission (what forms and with which plans), and got a hint on how to find out where the mains water and electric are run onto the property.  A bit sad to dig right through them, and nice to know in advance if you need to re-lay them.

And I spoke to friend of mine that's a carpenter as I don't really think I'm going to do everything myself.  He's just set up on his own and is the obvious choice (for me at least).  He suggested using a prefabricated construction, and yes, if I want to use it in the winter, an insulated concrete floor. 

Next on the list is to go back on the web and check out the manufacturers for prefab garages...


No comments:

Post a Comment